Health & Safety Manager - Manufacturing
Salary - Competitive
LUSH is an international Manufacturer and Retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics, founded in 1995 and currently manufacturing in 6 countries across the world. It creates, produces and sells handmade cosmetics, our products being sold online and in over 900 shops in 48 countries.
As a result of the rapid growth the company has seen over the last few years, we now have a fantastic opportunity to join our team in our manufacturing in Düsseldorf, Germany.
This is an incredibly varied and challenging yet rewarding role: You will be promoting a culture that ensures Health & Safety is at the core of our awareness, while our pillars of handmade products, social engagement, and waste minimization can keep on flourishing.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the completion, regular review, and documentation of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Establish a full program of documented Health & Safety training, inspections, and checks.
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Sourcing and employing contractors to carry out specific maintenance works. Checking works are carried out on time and to a suitable standard and checking invoices accordingly.
Who You Will Be:
- A qualified Health and Safety professional, with qualifications according to the Institut fur Arbeit und Gesundheit (IAG) or Deutsche Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung (DGUV);
- Have good all-round knowledge of the European and German HSE legislative system, including the ability to read and interpret Government Acts, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance notes;
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment;
- Work with the operational teams to improve the working environment and reduce the impacts on the employee from operational activities as well as recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards;
- Be familiar with German specific health and safety and environmental standards including ISO;
- Be highly organized with a proactive attitude and be able to promote and communicate a culture that incorporates both Health & Safety and a focus on the environment and recycling effectively;
- Ideally, you will have experience of managing people and dealing with contractors.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- Fluent in German is essential with high proficiency in English (B2) language.
What is it like working for Lush?
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve got the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support.
As we pride ourselves on internal development, priority will be given to candidates who have an in-depth knowledge of Lush, coupled with the relevant experience, skills, and approaches.
What we offer:
- Discount on Lush products
- A family-like and positive environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Pet-friendly office
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Travel opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Weekly supplies of fresh fruit, coffee & tea
- 25 days paid holiday
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you please send your CV and Cover letter on firstname.lastname@example.org (In German/English) detailing why you want to become a part of the cosmetic revolution.
Lush is an Equal Opportunities Employer